Sorry world for not giving out any advice for the past few months, school got really busy, then the summer came around, and I realized that my goal of one blog entry a day was extremely farfetched.. so I’m going to take my time and see what happens.
I just started reading this book on my Android phone (Droid Incredible 2) and its called “The Ten Commandments of Marriage”.
Now before you jump ahead and think that I got eloped over the summer, or something drastic happened in my life… your wrong …. I’m simply studying up, reading the bible, and waiting for God to show me the next steps in this circle of life. But I will tell you one thing ….. being an amazing husband is my passion, before any job, before any pay check, I want to make sure that my ducks are in a row, I want to make sure that the ones that REALLY matter in life have a firm foundation and are able to succeed at anything (hence why im being a studious boyfriend).
So the First commandment that this book talks about is “Thou shalt not be a selfish pig”
ADAM AND EVE
I believe that God made “Marriage” and the “relationship” a high priority in our lives. After all, the first marriage, the first relationship, took place many many years ago in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve were Gods perfect relationship, there was no flaw, there was no sin, and there was certainty no arguing! Until the serpent came along …….
For those unfamiliar with the story of Adam and Eve, in short, it goes like this. God made man, and called him Adam. After some time, God saw that Adam was lonely. So one night God takes one of Adams ribs and uses that to make Eve, he did this so man and woman were always together, connected, one. Adam and Eve lived in the Garden of Eden with free reign to do whatever they desire …. But one thing… God told Adam never to eat the apple from the tree of Good and Evil. Adam obeyed God’s order and went about living his life with Eve.
…..One day Eve was out on a walk. As she walked by the tree of Good and Evil a serpent stopped her and started a conversation. “You should take an apple from the tree of Good and Evil, the only reason why God doesn’t want you to have it is because if will give you the power and wisdom God possesses”. Eve picked and bit the apple, brought it to Adam, and told him to bite the apple, and he did.
Thou shalt not be a selfish pig starts right about now…. After Adam and Eve both bit the apple God came to them, asking why they disobeyed him. Adam tells God that Eve made him do it, that she bit the apple first, and Eve told God that the serpent made her do it. The perfect marriage, at that very moment in time, became flawed; people now had a sin nature.
PUPPY LOVE
In my opinion, selfishness is one of the biggest problems relationships face. People are caught up in this fake mentality that the other person should make them happy, and that self-gratification is what’s most important…. And that’s where their wrong…..
Puppy love is good for a period of time, when you don’t really have an idea of who the person is, and your still trying to protect yourself from anything that might hurt you. But after a while, that needs to disappear. The longer you try to protect yourself and think about what is best for you, the shorter your relationship life span becomes. If both people are in it for them, then nobody is ever going to be happy.
Reaching mature love is key in having a long lasting healthy relationship. Mature love seeks to give to the other person; is patient in spite of other’s flaws; responds gently and appropriately to irritants; and is transparent and vulnerable
I am only 22, I do not claim to know exactly what love is yet, and I am certainly not claiming to have any wisdom behind a healthy marriage … simply because I am not married. But I will tell you one thing… Being a good person, loving unconditionally, and putting your needs second to that person you love is a good start to a healthy relationship. Secondly God should be the center of your relationship. Try and see it as an equilateral triangle, God being the top apex of the triangle and the two people in their corners. The closer those corners get to God, the closer those two people become.
No comments:
Post a Comment